Your family and friends are traveling near and far to be with you on your special day, so why not show your gratitude and surprise them with a bag full of goodness upon their arrival. These bags don’t have to break the bank, just keep them unique and thoughtful. Below are some tips on the necessities to include as well as additional options for making these bags memorable, not to mention the perfect introduction for whats to come on your wedding day!
- Welcome letter: Something short and sweet from the bride and groom thanking guests for helping celebrate your special day.
- Weekend Schedule/Directions: Some guests are likely to forget to bring along your invitation, so provide them with a plan B in case this happens.
- Local Activities: If you know your guests will be staying more than one night, or there may be some down time in-between the ceremony and the reception – provide your guests with some local activities or a list of your favorite local establishments.
- Bottled water: If you’re feeling extra crafty add your own monogramed or personalized wrap.
- Snacks (Salty): Throw in your favorite brand of chips, pretzels, or nuts – whatever it is, your guests will be happy to have something to snack on upon their arrival.
- Snacks (Sweet): Chocolate… because who doesn’t love chocolate?!
A Little Something Extra
- Stay local: Include items that are near and dear to you and your fiance, or to the location you will be married. Getting married in Wisconsin? Throw in some of your favorite Cheese Curds!
- Stay Personal: Did you meet your fiance when you were in elementary school? Throw in some personalized #2 pencils. A cute poem or description of why certain unique items are included is also a great addition – or add this to your welcome note.
- Have fun: Custom hotel door hangers (a personal favorite) or mini champagne or wine bottles are additional ways to wow your guests and let them know what exactly they are in for – a wonderful celebration for 2 of their favorite people.
- Personalize the bag: Although paper bags are completely acceptable, take it one step further with personalized tote bags that your guests can reuse once your wedding has conclude
What fun and unique items do you plan to include in your oot bags?