ABOUT · SUBMISSIONS · VENDORS · CONTACT

landlocked bride® | midwest + mountain west wedding inspiration

plan a modern wedding in the middle of the country

Rachel at Talia Events shared this wedding with me earlier this year, which happens to be her brother’s wedding. I couldn’t wait to share – the warmth in the photos had me longing for warmer temperatures. And, with Spring here the barn back drop, gondolier, adorable pup, and shear joy between Blayne and Alex make the perfect mixture for a beautiful wedding.

Jeff Sampson Photography

alex + blayne | the perfect game from AJ Production Company on Vimeo.

From the Photographers, Val and Jeff:
We’ve fallen in love with Alex and Blayne! They are one of those couples who we had an instant connection with. The first time I chatted on the phone with Blayne, I just knew! And, after we spent an evening photographing their e-session, we knew they were kind of people we could sit, chat, and have drinks with. We love them!

Every aspect of this gorgeous affair was thoughtfully planned. There wasn’t a moment without that “WOW” factor, not a corner without a beautiful detail, nothing was over looked and not a minute went by without pure happiness from everyone!

Some of our favorite highlights: the reception in a true South Dakota Barn, two dresses for the big affair, a gondola ride with a gondolier, their thoughtfully practiced, adorable first dance, the contagious laughter, smiles, and love by all, and the overall gorgeous simplicity of the affair!

Hair + Makeup: Angelique with Platinum Imaginations | Ceremony Venue: First Lutheran Church | Wedding Coordinator: Leah with Envision Wedding Studios | Tables & Chair Rentals: Ideal Wedding Center  | Wedding Gown: Watters from the French Doors | Entertainment/DJ: DJ Jer | Lincoln Towncar: Royal Limousine  | Bridesmaid Dresses: J. Crew | Caterer: Chef Dominiques | Cakes + Cookies: Hy-Vee on Minnesota | Flowers: Hy-Vee on Minnesota | Videographer: AJ Productions | Men’s Suits: Jos A. Bank  | Rings: Bechtolds |
Necklace & Bracelet: Faini Designs

11 Comments

1. Wow! I love everything about that weeding! The barn- awesome! And gondola rides- are you serious?! 🙂 The video is really amazing too!

2. Christa
    8:44 am on April 6th, 2012

Gorgeous! Glad to see a SD wedding featured!

3. Naomi
    2:29 am on April 7th, 2012

Love, love this wedding! What an amazing venue! I am one of those planners who is always looking for a unique place to have a wedding and this fits the bill perfectly! XO

4. Amanda
    6:00 pm on May 23rd, 2012

I love these photos and this wedding!! Do you know the location/contact information to rent the barn??

5. Alex D.
    9:37 pm on September 18th, 2012

I am from SD as well and have been in search of a barn venue! These photos are absolutely beautiful!! Is there any way to contact the owner for more information about a possible rental? Beautiful!!

6. Cheryl A
    5:36 pm on May 1st, 2013

Can we get information on the the barn for possible rental?

7. Emily Gerth
    1:08 pm on December 26th, 2013

I am wondering where this barn is? And if it is avaliable to rent for a wedding?

8. Melody Rodman
    1:47 pm on January 3rd, 2014

This is so gorgeous!! I am very interested in a barn for my reception, is there any information I could get for a possible rental??

9. Paige Peiper
    11:03 am on January 7th, 2014

Hello! I just came across this website and was curious about the location of this barn for possible rental for my wedding! If you could provide me with any information, that would be great!

Thanks!

10. Chelsey
    10:48 pm on January 27th, 2014

I am recently engaged and am dreaming of a venue like this! Any info on where this barn is located???

11. Josh Schulze
    6:32 pm on May 27th, 2014

I just came across your wedding site and am curious about the contact information for th reception location. It’s exactly what we have been looking for and have had a very hard time finding! Could you share the contact information? Thank you!
    Josh and Trista