ABOUT · SUBMISSIONS · VENDORS · CONTACT

landlocked bride® | midwest + mountain west wedding inspiration

plan a modern wedding in the middle of the country

Oh, am I excited about today’s real wedding. There are a lot of those rustic weddings floating around the web. But this one. THIS one is different. The bride is a librarian and nutrition / public health specialist, and the groom is a nutritionist / registered dietician. The unique thing about these two (besides their love of healthy living) is their love of sustainable living. So, this couple gets mucho brownie points from this girl. Plus, almost all of the details were put together by the couple.

I love everything about this wedding for more than the aesthetic details. Mostly for the fact that so many elements of this wedding were planned and created with the earth in mind. sustainability is the heart of what both of them do, and they sprinkled it throughout their entire wedding.

So, while you swoon over the absolutely. gorgeous. photos that Karen Hendrix took, remember that there is so much meaning behind the details, the food, the location.

Karen Hendrix Photography

Photography: Karen Hendrix Photography | Ceremony: Daniel Boone Peace Chapel | Reception: Winslow’s Farm

13 Comments

1. liz
    9:02 am on January 6th, 2011

LOVE her dress. gorgeous.

2. Oh I love this wedding! It is so romantic and I love the details.

3. Lauren
    9:56 am on January 6th, 2011

I love winslows! I can’t wait to see pics of their wedding at the farm; it’s so close to my venue… Perhaps a great photo location??? The chapel is so adorable too; what a find!

4. Thanks for the feature Brit! We had a blast molding our wedding into a celebration of our love and our mutual passions. And our parents did great sewing and woodworking for the event too (my mom made my veil!).

The dress is by Amy Kuschel, if anyone is interested. She’s based in San Francisco and does amazing work!

5. The “There is no bride’s side or groom’s side…” sign makes me smile! I love the idea!

6. I agree that the sign is a cute idea! I love the dress, too!

7. BEAUTIFUL! Everything. All of the details and knowing the meaning behind them makes them that much more fabulous! 🙂

8. Christa
    10:57 pm on January 9th, 2011

Ahhhhh, love the RD wedding. Would have loved to see this months ago and copied everything. 😉

9. Love the sign, too! I love the authentic feel of this wedding.
    -E.

10. ASHLEY
    7:46 pm on March 23rd, 2011

His family is much larger than mine so I was a little hesitant about the unevenness of the room. But that sign is a perfect solution!

11. Alyx
    4:02 am on April 4th, 2011

How wonderful it is the bride’s necklace !!

12. Raven
    6:09 am on June 18th, 2011

Normally I’m not a church wedding type of person. I want to get married somewhere outside with a view. Mountaintop, canyon, forest, orchard… But that church is just sooooo cute! Love it.

13. […] My absolute favorite submission thus far is from a St. Louis-based photographer, Karen Hendrix.  The bride is a librarian and nutrition/public health specialist, and the groom is a nutritionist/registered dietician. The unique thing about these two (besides their love of healthy living) is their love of sustainable living.  So all of the details of the wedding were nods to their personal interests and commitment to the environment, two things that just really won me over.  I featured their wedding back in January 2011 in a three-post series. You can find the first one here. […]