ABOUT · SUBMISSIONS · VENDORS · CONTACT

landlocked bride® | midwest + mountain west wedding inspiration

plan a modern wedding in the middle of the country

I interrupt this morning’s regularly scheduled post for this woman:

This lovely blogger and new book author stopped by St. Louis last night as part of her book tour.  Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman) is as sweet and funny as she is on her blog.  I cannot thank her enough for making St. Louis one of the stops on her tour.  Not only does she spend a good hour answering questions from the crowd, but she makes sure everyone gets their book signed (including those that left their books behind to pick up at a later time – which literally had to be over 200 additional books).  Her demeanor is sweet, her smile infectious, and yes, she is that gorgeous in person.  Plus, she had cute t-shirts for all of the patrons there (which are quite adorable, I might add)

And, on this leg of her tour, she brought this guy:

Please pardon the blurriness – he caught me off guard because he looked right at me as I took the photo (probably thinking I’m creepy, too).  Marlboro Man even stayed and signed books, too, for any and everyone that wanted his signature.  And, yes, I had my photo taken with him, but will have to wait for Meagan to pass that one along!

What is even better? This adorable boy willingly signed books for everyone.  He happily signed is first name, and shared with us that his favorite dish of mom’s is porkchops.  His little brother was running around somewhere, as well.

Ree even said she’d have to “check out” my blog.  So, Ree, if you’re reading this (fingers crossed that she is), thanks for visiting St. Louis!  I hope you enjoyed my hometown with Marlboro Man and your boys.  I definitely appreciated your time and generosity (and have already worn the t-shirt you gave us all).  I will forever be a follower, and cannot wait for your other book!

And, if you haven’t already, go pick up her book.  I’ve already made the chili and it is delicious.  Reading the rest of her cookbook (which is filled with wonderful images and stories) makes me hungry every single time.

14 Comments

1. wow, so awesome! West Chester, PA is 2 hours away, so unless she adds a stop to DC, I don’t think I’ll get to meet her. 🙁

2. Katie
    8:19 am on November 18th, 2009

LOVE IT! So glad one St. Louis blogger and fellow wedding gal got to meet and talk to Ree! Nothing is stopping me next time PW gets remotely near St. Louis.

3. Rachel
    8:31 am on November 18th, 2009

Hey! Great pictures! I’m taking it you live in St. Louis? I just moved from there last year, but it was crazy, I actually lived a block from where Ree was doing her book signing there. CRAZY. Talk about ‘bad’ timing . . lol. I’m hoping and crossing my fingers that I can go the four hours to New York to see her there!

4. I’m so jealous! I might ask for that cookbook for Christmas… 🙂

5. landlockedbride
    9:00 am on November 18th, 2009

@Christiana Hopefully she adds a D.C. stop! I know she has added a few.

@Katie She will have another book coming out in about a year – so stay tuned!

@Rachel That is too crazy! Hopefully you’ll get to see her on her NY stop!

@Jennelle It’s a great cookbook!

6. I remember seeing you there! 🙂 I was the weirdo who was knitting and made Ree pose with my sock 😛 I’m working on my post now – your photos turned out SO MUCH better than mine!

7. landlockedbride
    9:10 am on November 18th, 2009

@Kate I think you were right in front of us! Can’t wait to see your pics!

8. How cool that you got to meet her! I’m sure you read her blog, and tomorrow morning is the St. Louis smartypants edition!

9. Vanessa
    9:34 am on November 18th, 2009

Get outta here… I live in West Chester… about 2 minutes from where she’ll be. Very exciting!

10. Susan in Colorado
    9:35 am on November 18th, 2009

Love your post on Ree.. I saw her in Denver. Wish we had a Q&A like you guys! (and tee-shirts!!).. .She is so great and to cute… I was about number 5 in line in Denver so it was so cool to be right up front and see everything up close. BTW I used to live in STL as well… Ballwin (when I was in grade school) and St. Ann (during my airline career with TWA)..great town!!! Can’t wait to go back and show my kids the arch

11. landlockedbride
    9:37 am on November 18th, 2009

@Stacey Marie Very excited about her St. Louis SmartyPants quiz!

@Vanessa You should go see her! The book is great and she is just so sweet!

@Susan Thanks! Glad you got to see her in Denver (my favorite town of all times)! You’ll deifinitely have to bring your kids back to see the Arch! Her two sons and husband will be doing that today!

12. Glad you posted on Ree! I just love her and blogged about last night, too! I just wish I could have a dinner party with her…

13. landlockedbride
    5:47 pm on November 18th, 2009

@Chelsea Thanks! I couldn’t not post about her!

14. That is so adorable that the whole fam got in on it!