ABOUT · SUBMISSIONS · VENDORS · CONTACT

landlocked bride® | midwest + mountain west wedding inspiration

plan a modern wedding in the middle of the country

Remember those cute knock-knock jokes when you were a kid?

Kid:  “Knock, knock.”

Patron:  “Who’s there?”

Kid:  “Orange.”

Patron:  “Orange, who?”

Kid:  “Orange you glad…..”

Yeah, okay, so they became a little annoying after a while, but I had a total flashback when I saw this:

Source
*Courtesy of the Brooklyn Bride

I wish we had some place like that in town to take pictures.  Don’t get me wrong, there are some fab places to take pictures here, like:

Source

And, here:

Source

BUT, considering the fact that orange (tangerine) is one of our faboosh wedding colors, how fun would that wall be to take pictures in front of?

Since the “Orange You Glad” wall is not an option in this lovely midwestern town, I think the FI and I are going to opt to do some fun photos a la Max Wanger (although the lovely Jessica Claire just shot some fun photos with green balloons for her birthday):

Source

Just imagine that balloon in red.  How fun is that?!  I can’t help myself in wanting to use fun props during the e-shoot (not for all of the photos, just a few).  Now to get our photographer on board, which I don’t think will be a problem at all!

9 Comments

1. Katharine
    10:26 am on July 24th, 2009

I’m all about the balloons. Although, I could sneak around the night before your wedding and paint the side of a building red for you. Assuming I don’t get caught and arrested, it’d be ready for your wedding! Don’t you have the dress the girl with the green balloons is wearing?

2. landlockedbride
    10:29 am on July 24th, 2009

I was thinking the same thing about that dress. It looks like one I have from Banana that I wore to Kelly’s shower.

There has got to be a red wall somewhere in St. Louis….probably because you painted it, haha!

3. Susan
    10:37 am on July 24th, 2009

Balloons should be especially fun with your potential carnival type feel with the cotton candy machines. Add to the whole party feel!
    This would be a really great way to add the color for your photos.
    What about a brightly colored chair to help your props? That’d be easy to transport to wherever you take the pictures.

4. landlockedbride
    10:39 am on July 24th, 2009

Ooo. I didn’t think about a fun chair or stool. Might have to stroll over to Etsy or eBay to find something…

5. Sarah
    12:32 pm on July 24th, 2009

So what if instead of a red balloon, you did an orange balloon (think the color of the “orange you glad” wall)…

6. landlockedbride
    12:34 pm on July 24th, 2009

I’m not color-biased! I’d use both!

7. Sarah
    12:43 pm on July 24th, 2009

I am almost certain that there is a colored wall somewhere in Soulard or Lafayette Square? Have you checked either of those areas?

8. landlockedbride
    12:45 pm on July 24th, 2009

I’m sure their is, too. I have yet to go hunting for one. Our e-pics are not until September so I have some time to think about it.

9. […] Cheree Berry wore at her own wedding).  And, the red wall?  Well, you all read my post about the orange wall, well this lovely red one is right here in […]